In today’s modern society there are many experts in the medical industry who are dedicated to finding cures for serious diseases and illnesses. In this blog, we look at the peptide tamoxifen citrate a research chemical that is an ingredient used in a tablet form to treat breast cancer. Here in this blog, we look at 6 important facts about the chemical Tamoxifen.
Why is this medicine prescribed?
The drug Tamoxifen citrate is a chemical compound that was developed as a treatment for breast cancer. It was approved for use by the FDA or Food and Drug Administration and is one of the oldest treatments and the most prescribed. This drug is used to treat men and women with hormone receptor-positive early-stage, breast cancer after surgery and to reduce the risk of cancer returning. It is also is diagnosed with patients with advanced stages of breast cancer (metastatic hormone-receptor-positive disease). Plus it is often recommended to women who haven’t been diagnosed with the disease but to lower the risk of developing breast cancer in high-risk cases.
How does this drug work?
The drug is known in the industry as a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). This works by either selectively blocking or activating estrogen action on certain cells. Tamoxifen blocks estrogen activity on breast cells but will activate estrogen action in the bone and liver cells. It has the ability to obstruct estrogen from functioning on non-cancerous cells. In cases of women with no history of breast, cancer tamoxifen can actually protect them from developing the disease. Please note that tamoxifen doesn’t respond to hormone receptor-negative breast cancer.
When should you use this product?
This drug is not recommended for those who are; trying to get pregnant, could be pregnant, pregnant or breastfeeding. There is a chance tamoxifen can cause damage to the developing embryo. Birth control is suggested including condoms, diaphragm or I.U.D (non-hormonal birth control is best). However, if you can take the drug the tamoxifen side effects can include; bone pain, depression, fatigue, headache, hair thinning, hot flashes and nausea
What you should know before using a tamoxifen citrate dosage
Tamoxifen citrate should be used with care in the following situations:
- If a woman premenopausal period, because of menstruation can be interrupted.
- In patients who use hormonal contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy,
- Women who suffer from vaginal bleeding or other gynecological symptoms
- Are taking or have already taken tamoxifen citrate
- There may be some changes in the wall of the uterus (endometrium)
- Tamoxifen citrate may increase microvascular complications in surgery of breast reconstruction
- The drug is not expected to affect the ability to drive vehicles and operate machinery
- It should be used with care in patients taking anticoagulants.
Beware of Tamoxifen Interactions
Finally, it is worth reporting if you are suffering from continual fatigue (tiredness) with the use of tamoxifen citrate. And care should be taken using at the same time as inhibitors as anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane. Tell your doctor or dentist if you are using any other medication
Best Place for Storage
Tamoxifen citrate should be maintained at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees Celsius, and away from light and high temperatures. The expiry date is 24 months from the date of manufacture. The drug is available in tablet forms in 10 mg and 20mg strengths.
How to take Tamoxifen Citrate Dosage
When patients are recommended the drug is often recommended in dosages of 20mg once a day or 2 doses of 10mg tablets. It is important not to break or chew the tablet. The medicine is commonly prescribed for 5 years after initial breast cancer treatment such as chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery.
Summary of Benefits
For over 20 years this drug has saved millions of men and women’s lives over the years. It is important to talk with your specialist about this product as each person is different. Here we conclude the benefits from Tamoxifen.
- It can reduce the risk by 40% – 50% in postmenopausal women of breast cancer returning, and 50% in premenopausal women
- Reduce new cancer forming in the other breast by 50%
- Minimize large hormone receptor-positive breast cancer prior to surgery
- Decrease the breast cancer risk in those who are high-risk cases
- Slow down or stop the growth of advanced metastatic hormone receptor-positive breast cancer in pre- and postmenopausal women
Away from cancer Tamoxifen benefits include lowering cholesterol levels and reduce bone loss after menopause.
Find out the Tamoxifen 20 mg cost
This guide gives you an idea about how amazing medical research is. These facts explain how important study and testing are on certain research chemicals to help save lives around the globe. If you are in the research chemical industry and searching for tamoxifen citrate buy at the affordable price of $25.33 from Peptides USA.