In this blog, we will be discovering what is the drug Cabergoline used for? And also how it works and what problems it can cause too. First, let’s explain Cabergoline is also known as Dostinex. It is used in the medical world to treat irregular menstruation, hormone imbalance, fertility problems, surplus breast milk production, and sexual problems.
Cabergoline and Pregnancy Explained
Cabergoline reduces the release of prolactin, a messenger that promotes breast growth and starts milk production. Using this drug will mean production and excretion of breast milk after childbirth is inhibited, milk congestion and pain is then prevented. This can save women a lot of uncomfortable symptoms.
Benefits including Cabergoline Dose for Prolactinoma
In hyperprolactinemia (overproduction of prolactin), the drug regulates the level of prolactin in the blood. This means dysfunctions associated with increased prolactin levels can be reduced. If the normal menstrual period does not occur, a regular menstrual cycle usually begins again, ovulation starts again, and existing galactorrhea (secretion of secretions from the mammary gland outside the lactation period) is prevented. Tumors producing prolactin are reduced. In addition, the drug has an antihypertensive effect.
In which areas of application is the product used?
- Hyperprolactinemia (overproduction of prolactin) and the associated dysfunction
- Inhibition of milk production after birth or after stillbirth
Examples of How Cabergoline 1mg Dosage Works
- Preventing milk production a dosage of 1 mg on the first day after the birth
- Suppression of existing milk production a reduced amount of 0.25 mg every 12 hours for 2 days
- Disruption due to increased prolactin levels, a suggested 0.5 mg per week administered once or twice a week, max. 4.5 mg per week.
Possible Cabergoline Interactions
With all medication sometimes drugs don’t mix well. Here are some points to consider:
- Experts advise dose reduction for severe liver damage patients.
- The intake should take place during the meal.
When should the product not be used?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the remedy or other ergot alkaloid derivatives
- Previous or existing pulmonary, pericardial and retroperitoneal fibrotic disorders
- Long-term treatment – Echocardiographic evidence of a change in the heart valve before treatment.
Can the product be used by pregnant and lactating women?
It is not recommended to take the product during pregnancy or breastfeeding. If there is a compelling indication during pregnancy, it is essential to contact a doctor first.
What side effects can occur?
Pain in the breasts
Sudden falling asleep
Impulse control disorders (confusion, gambling addiction, increased libido, and hypersexuality)
Tingling sensation on the skin
Interactions are known with the following substances:
- Substances with dopamine-antagonistic effects, such as phenothiazines, butyrophenones, thioxanthenes, metoclopramide, macrolide antibiotics (e.g. erythromycin)
- Ergot alkaloids
There is a risk of a drop in blood pressure. Therefore, the additional treatment with antihypertensive agents should only be done carefully.
In hypogonadism (lack or reduced activity of the sex glands), due to the overproduction of Prolactin, the use of ovulation and fertility is restored. Conception is possible before menstruation reappears. Therefore a pregnancy test should be carried out regularly. If there is no desire to have children, mechanical contraception must be used.
If you wish to have children, conception should not take place until one month after the end of treatment. Ovulation usually occurs over the next 6 months after the end of treatment.
If pregnancy occurs during treatment end of therapy should be considered. Attention must also be paid to:
- Severe liver damage
The list of drugs does not in any way constitute a recommendation or application of the individual drugs in any way. These drugs are for experts and specialist advice should be given before taking this drug.
We do hope you have enjoyed our blog what is the drug Cabergoline used for? If you are in the medical industry and need research chemicals to check out Peptide USA Now. The online store has Cabergoline for sale at the unbeatable price of $59.99.