This blog about Clomiphene or Clomid Reviews Ovulation drugs being tested to help treat the increasing and distressing problem of infertility. The fact is Ovulation inducing drugs have been used for more than 30 years. However, there are short and long term complications still present and a problem in clinical practices. This is why research continues to try to treat the problem which affects so many people around the globe.
The most frequently described complications are hyperstimulation Syndrome, Ovarian (SHO), multiple gestations, the potential risk of ovarian cancer and Thromboembolic disease.
Relative contraindication for ovulation induction is, among others, autoimmune systemic diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus, estrogen-dependent neoplasms such as breast cancer, and uterine tumors such as large submucosal or intramural myomas. These are situations that may be harmed due to the increase in circulating estrogens secondary to the treatment used to stimulate the ovaries. Each case, however, must be independently examined by a professional.
Clomiphene Citrate Mechanism of Action
The drug Clomiphene is the standard initial ovulation induction treatment in type II anovulation patients, restoring ovulation in up to 70% cases.
Patient Advantage of a Clomiphene Dosage Treatment
- Compared to gonadotropins for ovulation induction, Clomiphene is low cost and profitable. Therefore it must be the first choice treatment in selected cases, especially in women with the sterility of unknown origin.
- It is also easy to administer as it does not require parental route as other drugs intended for this purpose. Patients must start the 5th day of the cycle for 5 days by oral administration of tablets with a variable dose between 50-250 mg. Most start with 50 mg, and if there is no response, doses are increased in subsequent cycles. Sometimes up to 250 mg is required to achieve ovulation.
- At the recommended doses (50-100 mg) there is a low rate of side effects of being these, of course, dose-dependent.
How to Use Clomid/ Clomiphene for Sterility
According to the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the medications that induce ovulation are not associated with an increased risk of defects and congenital problems. Here are some of the positive Clomiphene /Clomid Reviews:
- Clomiphene achieves a lower gestation rate than gonadotropins due to antiestrogenic effects on cervical mucus and endometrium.
- High serum concentrations of LH play a role in persistent infertility
- Produces a deficit of the luteal phase (therefore support with progesterone is advised in said phase)
- A maximum of 6 treatment cycles is advised.
- The multiple birth rates with Clomiphene are estimated between 7 to 10%. Most of multiple pregnancies are twins.
- Pregnancy complications have been described in 21.4% of treated patients with Clomiphene citrate (abortion 19%, ectopic pregnancy 1.18%, premature delivery 1.0%, hydatidiform mole 0.17% and papyraceous fetus 0.04%).
What is not entirely clear is if this is due to the drug itself, or rather to the older age in which women become pregnant or even to infertility itself.
Possible Clomiphene Side Effects
Short term side effects include:
- Ovarian hyperstimulation – is a rare complication, observed in most cases mild ovarian growth and formation of ovarian cysts that are resolved after treatment. In 5% of patients, there will be abdominal-pelvic discomfort accompanied by abdominal distension and feeling of fullness
- Multiple pregnancies (10%) – due to multiple follicular developments secondary to levels elevated gonadotropins in the early follicular phase
- Hot flashes usually appear in 10.4% of cases and are minor react with local anti-estrogenic, these are usually not intense and disappear quickly when the treatment finishes
Other side effects also described are:
- Adverse visual effects
- Nausea and vomiting
- More rarely, skin disorders such as dermatitis and rash associated with an allergic reaction, erythema multiform, ecchymosis, and angioneurotic edema have been seen
- Alopecia has been rarely reported
- Occasionally neurological symptoms have appeared
- Some studies have described mild liver dysfunction
- In cases of overdose, the symptoms mentioned above are exacerbated due to monitor the patient closely for two or three weeks for the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
Clomiphene interactions can include; abnormal uterine bleeding, hepatic dysfunction, pituitary activity, and uncontrolled adrenal dysfunction. These problems can be caused when Clomiphene is combined with other drugs. It is important to discuss what other medicine you are already taking with a doctor before any fertility treatment.
Buy Peptides US Quality
Chemicals like Clomiphene are still being studied by experts, but are showing great results and positivity in treating fertility problems. Our blog about Clomid reviews just how this treatment will help so many people out there struggling to get pregnant. If you are in the research chemical industry and searching for the best place to buy Peptides US quality check out our store now. There is a wide range of high-quality peptides available and at affordable prices. The Clomiphene price online with Peptides USA is $23.99.